Product Selection & Purchasing
What brand name should I choose and why?
Ensure that you specify "Certi-label" cedar shakes or shingles for your next project. There are many brands of cedar shakes and shingles in the marketplace: only CSSB manufacturing members are allowed to label their products with the distinctive, reliable "Certi" brand name. Specifying "Blue Label" products is not detailed enough: ask for the "Certi" brand name. Certi-label products are manufactured within a third party inspection process, giving you a reliable standard of quality. Member products also meet grading rule standards, and offer a limited warranty when Number 1 grade Certi-label products are installed by a CSSB Member Contractor/Installer.
What are the various kinds of Certi-label products?
CSSB members produce Certi-label cedar shakes and shingles with the following brand names:
- Certigrade®: cedar shingles
- Certi-Last®: pressure impregnated preservative treated cedar shakes and shingles
- Certi-Guard®: pressure impregnated fire-retardant treated cedar shakes and shingles
- Certi-Sawn®: tapersawn cedar shakes
- Certi-Split®: hand split and resawn, tapersplit, and straight split cedar shakes
- Certi-Cut®: fancy patterned shingles (pattern is at butt of product)
- Certigroove®: machine grooved shingles (grooves on face of product)
- Certi-Ridge®: hip and ridge units